Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Hunger Games.

I am absolutely addicted to this brilliant book. After seeing the trailer - link! -for the movie (which was co-written and co-produced by the author) I was compelled to read it first. A friend at work lent me her copy yesterday, I got home at eight and since then I have read nearly half the book. I've looked it up and found out that there is a second and third novel in the series, called Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
The setting for the book is in a post-apocalyptic North America now called Panem, a solitary nation with no mention of outsiders, consisting of the governing Capitol and the surrounding districts, each producing different products to the leading state. Once the districts rebelled in war and failed. As a reminder of their power the Capitol reap one girl and one boy from each district every year and lock them all in vast outdoor 'arena' for the Hunger Games, of which there is one rule: last one alive is the winner. Enter our protagonist, a young lady called Katniss.
Anyway, I have to go, I need a cup of tea and to carry on with this thrilling story. If you haven't already, start reading! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment