Friday 20 April 2012

Some people are idiots.

On a daily basis I am confronted with an endless stream of strangers. Even though it is expected of me, I find no labour in greeting passers by with a polite smile and a how-do-you-do. The range of responses leaves a lot to be desired. Few people offer equally polite remarks, which make me feel like the world is a nice place to live in. Occasionally they are foreign and just smile at me bashfully. Some times you get a blank, which is funny if not a little frustrating. Sometimes they look at you as if you're asking them for their wallet and jewellery at gun point. Sometimes they say "no thank you" when all I've said is "good morning". Sometimes they actually register my greeting and scoff. Sometimes they roll their eyes as they rush past, as if a smile or eye contact is beneath them.
I wonder how charity workers feel, the ones in tabards, who roam pedestrian areas in the city centre. I bet they face some icy reactions.
All I want to say is Hello and let people know I am being friendly. I guess some people are idiots. xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment