Wednesday 12 September 2012

Rome.

Instead of going straight home after our cruise we stayed in Rome for just over a day. 
I've enjoyed my first Italian espresso. If you simply order a coffee in Italy, you get an espresso! In your face milky coffees of the world! I love this. An Americano is my usual beverage of choice but if I'm on the move and if I'm on holiday or with Boyfriend I should be, then it's too big to drink quickly and an espresso is ideal. Actually I prefer a double espresso. Anyways.
With limited time I headed to my favourite sites, the Spanish Steps and the Fontana della Barcaccia, Saint Peter's Square (I saw the Pope's house!), the Piazza Navona, the Pantheon (I nearly died of excitement when I realised the ceiling is a giant sun dial!), the Fontana di Trevi (I threw a coin in over my shoulder), we saw the Colosseum but didn't have time to go inside, or explore the Roman Fortress so we headed to the church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin before lunch, for one last sight. 
La Bocca della Verita. I thought really hard about how much I like ice cream and I shoved my hand in the Mouth of Truth and low and behold I didn't lose my hand. 
On our way back to the hotel to pick up our luggage and head to the airport we stopped for late lunch. We had already been to the Hard Rock Cafe on the Via Veneto but I convinced Boyfriend to have something a little less common and we walked further up the street to something a little more Italian. 
We had pizza and pasta and it was awesome. How could we not in Rome? 
This has been the best summer ever. 


















xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment