Friday 16 November 2012

Fridays.

I have a very different type of Friday Feeling. 
It is not the approaching prospect of a weekend of play and rest. It is my ME TIME day. I have work tomorrow, the busiest day of the week. 
Fridays are my day off and as I know nobody who shares this phenomenon I get the day all to myself. From about 9 o'clock in the morning to lunch time I am extra lazy. I brew a whole pot of strong black coffee. 
I watch the new episodes of my favourite teevee shows which I've saved for today, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl and Glee. I might even get some new music and update my iTunes. 
I trail my favourite blogs.
This is my time. I hardly even get up. I have my pyjamas on and I have crazy hair.
Then lunch time arrives and I realised that life goes on and so does the washing, the dishes, the cleaning, the supermarket trip. 
As I have written before, I am the only one of my childhood friends who isn't a mother yet (cue paranoia) so I should make the most of this time, enjoy my lie ins, not worry about looking after anyone but myself. 
How can it be wrong if it feels right?


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment