Sunday 19 February 2012

Come to mama.

So, it's my birthday in 19 weeks. That means all of my lovely friends and family have enough time to organise getting me a pair of these bad boys. Classic patent leather Christian Louboutin heels. (I'm not seriously expecting these, but I wouldn't turn my nose up). I'm not usually fussed about high heels. I mean seriously, they were invented to make a woman look more appealing to men, puppet on a string? No thanks. But it's true, we do look nice and slinky in a wicked pair of platform heels. Also, they kind of torture your feet. I can't wear heels for more than a few hours, I am such a wimp. Remember those 90's flat sole massive platform shoes/trainers, that was my era, I owned a few pairs. Height and comfort, someone in retail was thinking of me. (I know, the shame!). But alas, their popularity dwindled, and the regurgitated WAG look begun it's repetitive reign. I don't agree with fake tan, I mean I live in the UK, who seriously believes that over night I have been to Turks and Caicos? Geez. I like false eyelashes once in a blue moon, they're fun. But just a flick of eyeliner is enough, an easy going smart/casual outfit and a wicked pair of shoes seems the right tone for dressing up these days. I don't want to be orange, with panda make up, with gel pads in my bra in a nasty nylon satin replica violet dress showing off my lady garden.
But good shoes, are good shoes. We shouldn't lose sight of that. I'd throw out all of my budget fashion shoes in return for a pair of quality high fashion classics. xoxo

1 comment: