Tuesday 6 November 2012

Geek chic.

Being nerdy has never been so cool and as a friend of mine triumphantly claimed IT IS OUR TIME! 
Awkward and practical are the new key looks and the tables have turned. 
Rucksacks. Turn ups. Fair isle. Big jumpers. Wooly hats. Vintage jewellery. Oversized coats. Sneakers. Creepers. Chunky boots. Galaxy prints. Tie dye. Leggings. Well, if anything else but a window of opportunity I see this trend as a sign that I should have just been true to my self all along. I've spent a long time trying to be someone I'm not and it has got me nowhere. In nearly all aspects of my life. The worst part is that I was lying to myself. 
I am a walking cliché and I have learnt a few life lessons the hard way. 
Don't live life for anyone but yourself. 
Do what you want, when you want, within reason.
Be honest, at least to yourself. 
Whether it's what you should be doing at work, how you should dress, how you treat your friends and family. 
Don't let people push you around, stand up for yourself. 
How has it taken 24 years to realise this?


xoxo

Images weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment