Tuesday 2 April 2013

Oh so Boux Avenue.

Not long ago I found myself inside the frilly cavern that is Boux Avenue, a small store which is possibly the nicest lingerie shop in Cardiff. The staff are professional and calm. The shop fittings are sturdy, plush and substantial (the fitting rooms are to die for). These people know what they're doing. But none of it overshadows the main event, the product. Unlike most high street retailers, Boux Avenue deliver on product. If you have a small bust then most usual high street clothing chains will offer you decent underwear, but if you are a little larger these meagre offerings are less than desirable as they rarely do more for your shape than binding your tortured bossom with a scarf. I'm talking about the benefit of different shapes of lingerie - balconette, plunge, tshirt... Boux Avenue are champions in this. Boasting a modest size of 36DD I can't get away with a poorly fitted bra and I have suffered a lifetime of underwear nightmares. So, a well manufactured, high quality, properly fittted bra? THE STUFF OF DREAMS. But wait, there's more. They are well priced too. I'm not even kidding. I purchased a simple cotton tshirt bra for £12 and I shall be skipping back there to get a few more when payday strolls around. But my treat came in the form of the aqua 'Georgia' spot mesh balconette set (link!), bra £26, briefs £12. What amazed me is how little I rate my body and how these tiny garments transformed me. I am a changed person. I never understood the appeal of lingerie until I found them. If only for yourself and to boost your morale, get some seriously hot undies. Trust me. I felt like I could rule the world with my boobs. I don't think you quite understand how much I despise my body and yet it made me feel like a super hero.
 


 
All of you, get down to Boux Avenue now. Now, I tell you!
xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment