Thursday 3 May 2012

Scumpy Willow and the Singing Kettle Cafe.

Today I met up with some of my lovely family for lunch. Being a veggie it's nice to find a good cafe in a city centre that isn't just going to offer me the sole option of a cheese sandwich. I took everyone to the Scrumpy Willow and Singing Kettle cafe on Clayton Street in Newcastle. I'd been once before for brunch and the food is just superb. Easy going, organic, simple ingredients, cooked to perfection, bursting with flavour. It isn't a vegetarian cafe though, you can still get a decent full English breakfast but boy do they have a phenomenal range of veggie dishes. Soup and main course of the day were both meat free. Other people had amazing fruit smoothies, but I opted for water, soup of the day which was leek and potato served with freshly made bread and falafels with pitta bread, hummous, natural yoghurt, leafy salad and tomato salsa. I was so full I had to loosen my belt! I'd recommend this super cute cafe to everyone. The staff were really accommodating, we actually broke a glass and our waitress was really nice about it (cue my red face and a million apologies!). A must for any hungry tourist, or infact resident of Newcastle Upon Tyne. Here's their website for more information - www.scrumpywillowandthesingingkettle.co.uk.




No comments:

Post a Comment