Tuesday 5 June 2012

Happy 60 years, Queen Lizzie!

So our Queen, Elizabeth the second has been our monarch for sixty years. I think that's something worth celebrating. I think doing anything for 60 is worth celebrating. 
Admittedly, I am not a church goer, so her role as Head of the Church of England has little to do with me, but millions of people stand by her, she is their governor in their faith so I guess I have to respect that. 
She does represent my country though. Whether we have done good or bad, she is the face of our nation. I know the Royals have a lot when others have nothing, but I do respect that they bring millions of tourists into the country every year. I think Harrod's are happy to have a Royal family. 
I also respect that back in the centuries ago our Royal family gave the public a voice by creating a government rather than continue to steam roll over the nation. Our monarch is still our head of government today. She is actually in charge and deals with national affairs as her day job. 
Her eldest son Charles is just hilarious (did you see his Jubilee speech? "Your Majesty... Mummy..."). Her grandsons William and Harry are darlings. I mean how many billions across the globe tuned in to watch Wills and Kate get hitched last year? It's amazing. 
So yes, I would rather have them, than not. Also, I love most things red, white and blue. I celebrated our Maj, Queen Lizzie, with Union Jack cupcakes, cups of tea and red, white and blue nails. 
Long live the Queen! xoxo



God save our gracious Queen, 
Long live our noble Queen, 
God save the Queen,
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen,
O Lord our God arise,
Scatter her enemies,
And make them fall,
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On Thee our hope we fix,
God save us all, 
The choicest gifts in store, 
On her be please to pour, 
Long may she reign, 
May she defend our laws,
And ever give us cause,
To sing with heart and voice,
God save the Queen,
But be God's mercies known,
From shore to shore,
Lord make the nations see,
That men should brothers be,
And form one family,
The wide world over.
For every latent foe, 
From the assassins blow,
God save the Queen, 
O'er her thine arm extend,
Our mother, prince and friend,
God save the Queen!

No comments:

Post a Comment