Thursday 9 August 2012

I'll Be Here All Week.

I've been up since the crack of dawn for work today and in a bid to wake me up I had Radio 1 on. Their weekdays 4am-6.30am DJ slot is filled by Dev, a cheeky chap from London. It's nice to turn off iTunes once in a while and just listen to what someone else wants to play and I like feeling like there are hundreds of other people listening to the same show as me all over the country. A segment of his show is called Resident DJ which features the suggested songs of his listeners in five categories, Moshpit Mondays, Cheesy Tuesdays, Workout Wednesdays, Birthday Thursdays, Film Fridays. I wasn't that inspired by this mornings rendition of Now You're Gone by Basshunter for Birthday Thursdays (apparently the listener was 12 when it came out? anyway...) so I sent Radio 1 a cheeky text (81199!) pointing out I could do a better job and I reckon I could come up with some good tunes to make your ears happy. A few minutes later he only goes and reads my text out to the whole nation! I was absolutely chuffed to bits! Thanks Dev, for making my day! Well I guess I have to send in some suggestions now... ;) I'm a huge fan of so many genres of music that I had to stop writing songs down, I could have made the list a lot longer!
There is a form on Dev's page on the Radio 1 site to submit your suggestions, this is what I've sent in.

MOSHPIT MONDAY
Dj Fresh – Talkbox
DJ Aphrodite – We Wanna Be Free
The Hives – Tick Tick Boom
Muse – Stockholm Syndrome
Florence & The Machine – Kiss With A Fist
Tilly & The Wall – Pot Kettle Black
Foo Fighters – The Pretender
Queens Of The Stone Age – No One Knows

CHEESY TUESDAY
Cake – Long Skirt, Short Jacket
Madness – One Step Beyond
Paolo Nutini – Ten Out of Ten
Peter Gabriel – Sledgehammer
Nina Simone – My Baby Just Cares For Me
The Communards – Don’t Leave Me This Way

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY
Swedish House Mafia – Greyhound
David Guetta (feat. Chris Brown & Lil’ Wayne) – I Can Only Imagine
Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)
Azealia Banks (feat. Lazy Jay) – 212
Nero – Must Be The Feeling
Beyonce – Run The World (Girls)

BIRTHDAY THURSDAY
(My birthday playlist)
DJ Fresh (feat. Dizzee Rascal) – The Power
Rudimental (feat. John Newman) – Feel The Love
Skirllex (feat. Sirah) – Bangarang
Chase & Status (feat. Liam Bailey) – Blind Faith
Katy B – Easy Please Me
Beyonce – End Of Time
Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh
Wu Tang Clan – Gravel Pit

FILM FRIDAY
Soggy Bottom Boys – I’m a Man of Constant Sorrow (O’ Brother Where Art Thou?)
Dick Dale and His Del Tones – Misirilou (Pulp Fiction)
Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (Wayne’s World)
The Beatles – Twist and Shout (Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)
Pink (feat. William Orbit) – Feel Good Time (Charlie’s Angels 2003)
Rage Against The Machine – Wake Up (The Matrix)
Chuck Berry – Johnny B. Goode (Back to the Future)
Katy Melua – No Fear of Heights (The Tourist)

What would you suggest?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment